DAY TRIP TO KASBAH AIT BENHADDOU AND OUARZAZATE.
- Beautiful views from the high-altitude Tizi n’Tichka mountain pass
- Visit UNESCO–listed Aït Benhaddou and Ouarzazate on this day tour from Marrakech
- Marvel at the ancient architecture and visit the Berbers for a fresh mint tea.
- Your guide insight into the history of Aït Benhaddou, a fortified village
- Kasbah Telouet and places used to film the TV series Game of Thrones.
- Hassle-free round-trip transport from central Marrakech
After morning pickup from your Marrakech hotel, travel in luxury in an air-conditioned 4×4 vehicle or minibus into the Atlas Mountains and cross the Tizi-n-Tichka pass at 7,415 feet (2,260 meters). we will cross the Tizi n’Tichka pass road, the highest road in Morocco and all of North Africa. Shortly after the pass, you leave the main road to reach the village of Telouet; where we will stop to visit the ancient kasbah of Glaoui which, for five centuries, controlled the passage of caravans bringing to Marrakech the products of sub-Saharan Africa.
After exploring the site, we will continue driving through the Onnila valley with its adobe villages settled at the foothills of the mountains. Upon arrival, to the Kasbah ait ben haddou, we will stop to enjoy a traditional lunch in a local restaurant, then, start our visit to explore the unesco site, the world heritage fortified village located on a rocky edge on the edge of the wadi which is a striking example of earthen architecture and traditional pre-Saharan habitat.
An iconic location for film shoots in the region: Game of Thrones, Babel, Gladiator, and many more, the ksar is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site Continuation to find the road Tizi-n-Tichka (2260 m), one of the most breathtaking main roads of southern Morocco with its adobe villages hung on the mountainside, it’s incredible reliefs with changing colors.
Arrival at Marrakech at the end of the afternoon.
- Pick-up at your hotel or riad in Marrakech
- Transportation by air-conditioned minibus
- English speaking driver/guide
- Air-conditioned transportation with a professional driver
NOT INCLUDED :
- Tips and gratuities.
- Entrance fee